MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- At least four bills have been introduced in the Alabama Legislature that are aimed at blocking some provisions of the federal health care overhaul legislation.
None of the bills appear to be on the fast track and legislative leaders say it's doubtful they can pass in the 10 meeting days remaining in the 2010 regular session.
The four similar bills would block any provision of the federal health care legislation from forcing an Alabama resident to participate in a certain health care program.
House Majority Leader Rep. Ken Guin of Carbon Hill says it's doubtful the bills can pass because of the short time left in the session and lawmakers still must approve budgets.
The health care overhaul was passed by Congress on Sunday.
- THE ENEMY WITHIN. IS THERE ANY DOUBT?
- JOY BEHAR TELLS ANN COULTER THE HATE MUST STOP! Yo...
- THIS TROJAN HORSE OF WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION,HEALTH ...
- JOE BIDEN ITS A BIG DEAL
- Tea Party t-shirts and more
- ALABAMA AHEAD OF THE HEALTH CARE TAKEOVER
- Republicans target Democrats on US healthcare refo...
- ▼ March (8)